AIC is a diverse and dynamic group whose members have expertise in a wide range of fields. The array of complimentary interests and skills present within the group provides valuable synergies and potential for serendipitous interactions. Collaborative work within the group provides a vital contribution to its research output. To this end, several initiatives are undertaken in order to encourage collaboration and cooperation within AIC. The recently formed AIC Collaboration Committee has been created in order to undertake and oversee these efforts.
Seminar series and discussion groups
Several seminars and groups are run by the AIC group in order to inform others of ongoing research, foster discussion and develop presentation skills.
Currently ongoing seminars and groups include:
- Complex systems simulation seminar series (CS^4) - Friday at 4pm
- Agents seminar series – mailing list email@example.com administered by Maria Polukarov firstname.lastname@example.org
- Social systems modelling group - Tuesdays at 4pm.
- Dissipative Systems Group - every other Wedsnesday, 11am
- Evolution Discussion Group - Thursdays 3pm. Mailing list: email@example.com, administered by Adam Jackson firstname.lastname@example.org,
- 10 minute talks – coming soon
Several online tools for collaboration are in development. These include an events calendar, online micro-presentations, Twitter feed, Facebook group, coffee break organiser and researcher interviews.
Social events are a vital tool in order to encourage interaction between researchers. In particular, we have away days, desk swaps and an upcoming AIC talent night. A regular pub meet happens every Wednesday at 6:30pm in the Stag’s Head.
The AIC Collaboration Committee consists of: